The EPF scheme is administered by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). It is the main scheme under the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Act, 1952. EPFO is a non-constitutional body that encourages employees to save some money from their salary for retirement. The organization is governed by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
Under the EPF Scheme, employees and employers contribute 12% of the employee’s basic salary and dearness allowance to the Employees’ Provident Fund, which they will receive after retirement, in addition to interest. Currently, the rate of interest on EPF deposits is 8.15% p.a.
Types of EPF Claim Forms
Members can apply for the following claim forms that can be filed from the UAN-Member Interface directly by the employee.
- PF Final Settlement (Form19),
- Pension Withdrawal Benefit (Form10-C) and
- PF Part Withdrawal (Form31) from the Member Interface directly
Form 19 – Final Settlement of PF
When a member retires, leaves the service, or has their work terminated due to sickness, retirement, etc., form 19 is used. This is a two-page form that requires the following information to be filled out:
- PF account number
- Bank account number (as registered by employer)
- IFSC code
- Date of joining
- Date of leaving
- PAN number (to avoid/reduce the quantum of TDS)
- Form 15G/15H (for senior citizens and members under the income tax limit, respectively)
Form 10C – Pension Fund Settlement
Form 10C is to be submitted to claim the Employee Pension Scheme(EPS) benefits. Form 10C is used to claim the following:
- Refund of employer share
- Scheme Certificate for membership retention
- Withdrawal Benefit
On these, the following conditions are applied:
- If an employee’s total service is less than 9.5 years, and he/she is less than 50 years old, he/she can apply for a Withdrawal Benefit, which is basically a Pension Fund Money Back scheme. Such employees are not entitled to a pension.
- If an employee’s service is more than 9.5 years and he/she is less than 50 years old, only the Scheme Certificate can be claimed.
Details required to fill in the form 10C.
- Last employer’s name and address
- PF account number
- Last working day
- Full postal address
- Bank account details
Form 31 – PF Part Withdrawal
Form 31 is used to claim advances from the PF balance by a member. The form allows the withdrawal of money for various reasons, such as:
- Purchase/construction of house/land/flat
- Addition/alteration to house
- Refund of outstanding principal and interest of loan
- Lock/closure of establishment for more than 15 days, resulting in uncompensated unemployment for the member
- No wage for more than 3 months
- Discharge/dismissal that has been challenged in court
- Own/family’s health treatment
- Children’s education
- Equipment purchase for a disabled dependent
- Withdrawal within 1 year before retirement
Documents required to file EPF online claim
- Universal Account Number and the mobile number used for activating UAN
- Member’s AADHAAR details
- Member’s Bank Account along with IFSC code
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
How to do EPF Online Claim Settlement?
If a person wants to withdraw money by using any of the form mentioned above, he/she needs to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official portal of EPFO member login, which is unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
- Here, use your UAN and password to login into the EPF account. Enter the captcha code, then click on Sign in.
- Now, click on the “Online Services” option.
- A drop-down menu will open where you will see several options. Among them, choose ‘Claim (Form 31, 19 & 10C)’.
- Verify all the details shown on this page, including KYC information and additional service details.
- Now, enter the last four digits of your bank account and click on ‘Verify’. Make sure to provide the details of that account number which is provided during UAN.
- An undertaking will open in front of you, select “Yes”. The undertaking will mention that the EPF claim amount will be credited to the bank account mentioned.
- Now, click on ‘Proceed for Online Claim’.
- Under the option mentioning ‘I Want to Apply For’, select any one of them as per your requirement, which is Full EPF Settlement, EPF Part Withdrawal, or Pension Withdrawal.
- Select the correct purpose mentioned under the ‘Purpose for which advance is required’ option.
- Now, enter the amount of advance required.
- It will ask to upload some documents for approval purposes, upload those documents. Now approve the withdrawal request.
The process for EPF withdrawal is complete now. The amount will be credited to your account within 15–20 days from the date of application.
What are the types of EPF claim forms?
There are 3 prominent claim forms which are PF Final Settlement (Form19), Pension Withdrawal Benefit (Form 10-C), and PF Part Withdrawal (Form 31) from the Member Interface directly.
What are the documents required to fill EPF Online claim?
To claim for withdrawal, Universal Account Number, AADHAAR, IFSC code, and PAN are required.
What is the EPF Scheme?
EPF is the main scheme under the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Act, of 1952