EPFO, which is also known as “Employee Provident Fund Organization.” This organization is the world’s largest social security institution, providing employees in India who are associated with the private sector with security measures such as pensions, insurance, and more. It was established in the year 1952 and falls under the jurisdiction of the Indian Ministry of Labor and Employment.
To get the benefits of provident fund services, all employees are required to create an EPF Account first. Thereafter, they will be provided with a 12-digit UAN (Universal Account Number), which allows them to log in to their EPFO account. There, an employee can perform various important tasks. In this article, we will guide you through the detailed process of transferring your EPF account, which will make it easier for you to perform this task.
Overview of EPF
|Name of Organization||Employee Provident Fund Organization|
|Started by||Government of India|
|Objective||Funds for the future of employees|
|Name of Article||How to Transfer an EPF Account|
How to Transfer EPF Account?
If you want to transfer your EPF account, you will need to follow the steps below:
- First, you need to visit the official website of EPFO – https://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Next, you will have to enter your UAN (Universal Account Number), password, and captcha to log in or sign in.
- Once you have logged in, a page will open in the form of you. To transfer your PF, you have to start by checking your service history.
- For this, click on the “View” option in the top menu bar of that page.
- Thereafter, you will see a drop-down menu with several options, and from there, click on “Service History.”
- After doing this, all the information about your services will appear in front of you.
- It will show all the details regarding whichever company you have worked, along with the member ID, and additional information.
- Thereafter, you will need to click on “Online Services” in the menu bar.
- Within this, you will also find options presented in a drop-down menu, from which you need to click on “One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request).”
- By doing this, a page will open in front of you. In that, your Member ID/UAN is already provided. Then choose one among the either “Previous Employer” or “Present Employer,” radio buttons accordingly, and then click on “Get Details.”
- Thereafter, on the same page, some information will appear below, which will show all your Member IDs. Then, you need to check the checkbox in front of the one you want.
- Next, while clicking the checkbox below, in the section named “Authentic OTP & Submit” at the bottom, click on “GET OTP.”
- Then, you will receive an OTP on your Aadhaar-registered mobile number. Enter the OTP in the box and click on the “Submit” button.
After this, your request will be successfully submitted for EPF Account Transfer. If you like, you can go to “Track Status” to check your status. By checking your status, you can easily find out whether your EPF Account Transfer process has been completed or not.