Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO): In India, the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, established the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on March 4, 1952. Its objective was to take care of the retired employees working in non-governmental organisations, to make them able to take care of their families and their well-being after retirement. The EPFO provides pension plans, insurance schemes, and employee provident fund services to all male and female employees working in non-governmental organisations in India for a long time.
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) in India maintains financial transactions for all employees registered under the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) scheme. This organisation manages the accounts of more than 24 crore individuals and provides them with the benefits of all its schemes. In this article, we will provide you with information about EPFO Login, UAN Login, and other important details. So, if you are seeking information related to EPFO Login, EPFO Member Login, UAN Login, and more, be sure to read this article to the end.
|Member Passbook||Member Login|
|Know Your Status||Payment Enquiry|
|Chart Dashboard||EPFO Claim Form|
What is Universal Account Number (UAN)?
An employee can work for multiple organisations during their lifetime, and whenever an employee works for any organisation, they are required to be linked to the EPF scheme. EPFO allocates a UAN to all employees, and this UAN can be used by the employee to avail the benefits of EPF in any organisation or for EPFO claims.
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is a unique 12-digit number provided by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to all EPF account holders. This number remains the same for an employee regardless of how many companies they work for. With the help of UAN, an employee can perform various tasks related to their Employee Provident Fund (EPF), such as checking their passbook, accessing pension fund information, and more.
Brief Description of EPFO
|Organisation Name||Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)|
|Department Name||Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Employees working in non-governmental organisations|
|Objective||To make employees' lives comfortable and provide pension and insurance schemes|
|Establishment Date||March 4, 1952|
|Schemes Offered||Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Scheme, Insurance Scheme, Pension Scheme|
How To Do EPFO Login or UAN Login?
Any person who has obtained their UAN number and password and wants to UAN Member Login, can follow the simple process outlined below on the official EPFO website:
- First, visit the official EPFO website at https://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, in the top menu bar, click on the “Services” option.
Upon clicking this option, you will see a total of 6 options, which are as follows:
- For Employers: If you are an employer and wish to avail SERVICES related to this, click on this EPFO Employer Login option.
- For Employees: If you are an employee and want to perform EPFO Login, UAN Login, and access other services, choose this option.
- For International Workers: If you are an employee working in a foreign country and need to access EPFO services, select this option.
- For Pensioners: If you are a pensioner, click on this option to visit the Jeevan Pramaan portal.
- Locate An EPFO Office: By selecting this option, you can find the address of the nearest EPFO office.
- To log in to the EPFO UAN Member Portal, you need to click on the “For Employee” option.
- Thereafter, a page will open. Here, scroll down to the “Services” section.
- Then, click on “Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)” in this section.
- Thereafter, the EPFO Member Home page will open.
- On the EPFO Member Portal, you will see the “EPFO Universal Account Number Login” box on the right side.
- For EPFO UAN Login, enter your UAN number, password, and captcha in the box provided on the EPFO Member Portal.
- Now, click on “Sign In” to complete the EPFO login.
Your UAN login will be successful, and a new page will open on your screen, displaying the employee's complete information, including name, UAN number, email, Aadhaar card, and other relevant details, Also you can do EPF withdrawal process here.
How to Reset UAN Password?
Candidates who have forgotten their UAN password or are unable to recall it for any reason can create a new password by following the steps below:
- A person should first go to the UAN login page.
- Thereafter, click on “Forget Password” as mentioned below.
- Now, enter their UAN number and captcha code and click on “Submit.”
- The candidate will see a new page on their screen, where they need to enter their name, date of birth, and select their gender, and then click on “Verify.”
- Now, you need to proceed to the next page and enter your Aadhaar card number there.
- Enter the captcha code and then click on “Verify.”
- Now you have to enter your Aadhaar Card linked mobile number and click on “Get OTP.”
- Thereafter, a new page will appear on the screen. Enter the received OTP here, then enter the captcha code and click on “Verify.”
- Next, another page will open, where you should enter your new password. Re-enter the same password in the box below and click on “Submit.”
- Now, your UAN password should be successfully reset, and you can use the new password to log in to your UAN account.
EPFO Passbook Login & Claim Status, Balance Check Online
If you want to view your EPF e-Passbook, check your EPF balance, or log in to your Member Passbook, you'll need to follow the steps below:
- To access your EPFO Member Passbook, first, visit the EPF homepage.
- On the homepage, you'll find several options on the right side, among them, click on the “e-Passbook” option.
Then, you will be directed to the Member Passbook page, where you need to enter your UAN number, password, and captcha. Then, click on the “Sign In” option given below. Once you successfully log in, you can easily view your EPFO Member Passbook, check your EPFO balance, and even process EPFO online claims or check the status of your EPFO claims.
What is the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)?
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is an organisation operating under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. It administers the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) scheme, insurance schemes, and pension schemes, benefiting employees working in various institutions across India. The organisation was established on November 15, 1951.
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is the world's largest social security organisation, with more than 24 crores of people associated with it to date. It has a network of 138 offices across the country, overseeing the financial transactions of all employees. This is why it is considered the largest active organisation in the world.
What is the Objective of EPFO?
The primary objective of the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is to provide social security to all non-government employees working in India, enabling them to lead a comfortable life. Additionally, the EPFO aims to bring transparency in the financial transactions of its account holders under the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) scheme and modernize the process.
The EPFO's goal is to make all operations paperless, simplifying the daily tasks of all stakeholders. The organisation's vision is to expand the efficiently managed social security system throughout India and ensure the distribution of all services to its beneficiaries using modern technology.
What are the Benefits of EPFO?
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has connected millions of beneficiaries in India with various schemes and is providing them with multiple benefits. Some benefits offered by EPFO are as follows:
- The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) provides social security to all employees.
- Employees are enrolled in an insurance scheme through the EPFO.
- Interested employees are connected to a pension scheme through the EPFO.
- Employees are linked to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) scheme for their future through the EPFO scheme.
- EPFO provides health insurance facilities to the family members of all its beneficiaries.
- In the event of any mishap with the account holders, the EPFO provides them with medical facilities and compensation for their losses.
- After retirement, employees can also avail of the pension facility as per their preference.
Schemes Related to EPFO
EPFO primarily offers three types of schemes to all its account holders. These schemes include the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) scheme, insurance scheme, and pension scheme. In addition to these, various other schemes benefit employees and their families. A brief overview of these three schemes is as follows:
- Employee Provident Fund (EPF): Through the EPFO, all employees are linked to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF), where a 12% deduction is made from the employee's basic salary. This amount is securely credited to the employee's bank account and is also contributed by the employer or the company where the employee works. Interest is paid by the Indian government on these funds. Employees can withdraw these funds with interest upon retirement or in the event of their demise. Additionally, employees can make partial withdrawals from their provident fund for purposes such as marriage, education, illness, and home construction.
- Insurance Scheme: Employees and their families are enrolled in an insurance scheme through the EPFO. In the event of an accident involving any family member (father, mother, son, daughter, spouse), the medical expenses are covered by the EPFO. If a member of this scheme passes away while being a part of it, the family receives 20 times the salary amount, up to a maximum of 6 lakh Indian Rupees.
- Pension Scheme: The EPFO provides a pension scheme benefit to all employees. It offers a pension to employees in cases of disability, retirement, or widowhood, and it also provides a monthly allowance for children of the employee.
What is the Eligibility to Get the Benefits of EPFO Schemes?
A person must meet certain eligibility criteria to take the benefits of EPFO schemes, which include the following:
- The employee should be at least 18 years old.
- The employee should be employed in an organisation or company.
- To be eligible for these schemes, the employee's salary should be less than or equal to 15,000 Indian Rupees per month. Employees with a salary exceeding 15,000 Indian Rupees per month can also voluntarily apply for these schemes.
- To avail the pension scheme, the employee should have completed a minimum of 10 years of service.
- The employee should be a citizen of India.
- Indian employees working for companies or organisations outside India can also apply for these schemes.
- The employee should be registered with the company or organisation where they are employed.
Important Documents for Applying to EPFO Schemes
To avail the benefits of EPFO schemes, all employees should have certain documents, which are as follows:
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Mobile Number linked with Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account
- Passport-sized Photo
- Salary Receipt
- Certificate of Employment in a Company or Organisation
Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) FAQs
The full name of EPFO is the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation. It was established by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, on March 4, 1952. It is an organisation under the Ministry of Labour and Employment that works for of employees in unorganized and non-governmental sectors. EPFO administers the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) scheme, insurance schemes, and pension schemes.
The UAN, which stands for Universal Account Number, is a 12-digit number allocated by the EPFO (Employees' Provident Fund Organisation). It is provided to all employees by the EPFO, and individuals can use their UAN number and password to access and avail all services related to the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
If you are an employee and want to check your EPF balance, you need to visit the EPF Member Passbook page and log in using your UAN number and password. After logging in, you can easily check your balance.
If you are facing any issues with this portal or your account, you can contact the EPFO Helpline Number for assistance. The EPFO Helpline Number is 1800118005.