The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is a social security organization under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, and is responsible for the regulation and management of provident funds in India.
EPFO is the responsible body for allotting Universal Account Number (UAN). UAN is the multiple Member IDs allotted to an individual by different establishments. The idea behind this is to link multiple Member Identification Numbers under a single Universal Account Number.
An individual can only have one UAN number during their entire service period. UAN activation and UAN registration are mandatory for every service person, and one can generate UAN and activate it online through the UAN Member Portal.
If you are looking for the process by which you can activate your UAN Number, you are at the right place. Below, we have provided a step-by-step procedure that will help you activate your UAN Number.
How to Know Your UAN?
Before activating your UAN, first, you will need your Universal Account Number, then only you will be able to activate it. To know your UAN number, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, Visit the EPFO Member Portal - https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- On the home page, go to the “Important Link” section and click on “Know your UAN”.
- Here, enter your registered mobile number (that you provided during generating UAN), captcha code and click on the “Request OTP” option.
- An OTP will be received on your number. Then enter the OTP that you receive along with a captcha for verification.
- Now, enter all the details asked here like your Name, DOB, Aadhaar/PAN/member ID, and the captcha for verification, and click on “Show my UAN”.
- This is how you can check your UAN online.
If you want to use the services provided on the EPFO portal, first you have to activate your UAN Number. You can do this through the online UAN portal. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the EPFO member portal, which is unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface.
- Here, in the Important Link section, you will see the “Activate UAN” option, click on it.
- Enter all the details asked here, which is your UAN/member ID, Aadhaar number, name, DOB, mobile number, and captcha code, and click on the “Get Authorization PIN”.
- An authorization PIN will be sent to your Aadhar-linked mobile number.
- Enter that pin in the required area and then click on “Validate OTP and Activate UAN”.
Thereafter, your UAN number is activated. You will receive a password on your mobile number. Using your UAN and password received on mobile, login to your EPF account.