EPFO is one of the World’s largest Social Security Organisations and as per Annual Report 2021-22, it maintains 27.74 crore accounts. The Ministry of Labour and Employment introduced the Employees’ Provident Fund or EPF in 1952. Under this scheme, employees can invest a part of their income to create a retirement fund. Under this, employees and employers contribute 12% of the employee’s basic salary and dearness allowance to EPF every month. That amount can be withdrawn after their retirement.
Every information of the amount that an employee and employer have contributed to their EPF account is documented in the employee’s EPF passbook. For information on your EPF balance and other relevant documents, you can download this passbook.
However, you can download or view the EPF passbook only after completing UAN registration on the EPFO portal. That is also after six hours of registering on the EPFO portal.
A person can download their EPFO passbook through the EPFO website and UMANG portal. Further details related to the download process are mentioned in this article below.
How To Log in and Download the EPF Passbook?
If a person is a member of EPF and has done its UAN registration, he/she can download their passbook by using the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of EPFO which is epfindia.gov.in.
- On the top of the page, you will see the “Services” option. Click on it and a top-down menu will open in front of you.
- Among those options, click on the “For Employee” option.
- Now a new page will open in front of you with the Services option, here you will see the “Member Passbook” option, click on it.
- Now, enter your UAN and password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- A new window will open in front of you mentioning your Member IDs, linked to your UAN.
- Here, click on the “Select member ID” option and then select your EPF account. Now click on the “View Passbook” option.
Thereafter, your EPF passbook will open in front of you in a new tab. The passbook will be in PDF format. From here, you can click on the “Download Passbook” option and get a copy of your EPF passbook.
How To Download EPF Passbook From UMANG?
An employee can download the EPF passbook from the UMANG app as well. To get it from there, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, download the UMANG app on your device, OR open UMANG Portal - https://web.umang.gov.in/
- Install it, and provide all the permissions asked.
- Now, open the app and navigate to the “All Services” option, then click on it.
- Here, open ‘Employee Centric Service’ and access EPF UMANG Services - https://web.umang.gov.in/landing/department/epfo.html
- Now click the ‘View Passbook’ option.
- Thereafter, enter your UAN and click on submit. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP.
- The Member IDs of all EPF accounts linked with your UAN will display on your device.
- Here, click on the member ID to download your EPF passbook.
Once you click on it, your passbook details will open. You can even download it from there.
How can we log in and download the EPF Passbook?
A person can download their passbook either directly from the EPFO website or from the UMANG app.
What information is provided in EPF Passbook?
Every information of the amount that an employee and employer have contributed to their EPF account is documented in the employee’s EPF passbook.
How much contribution does an employee and employer make under the EPF scheme?
Under this, employees and employers contribute 12% of the employee’s basic salary and dearness allowance to EPF every month.