Salary savings are crucial for employees, and the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) plays a key role in this. It facilitates both employee and employer contributions to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF), a future savings scheme. Funds deposited in the EPF account earn interest backed by the Indian government.
This article is tailored for employees with an EPF account who wish to check their current balance or track the accumulation in their EPF Member Passbook, contributed through their employer or salary deductions. Read on for a comprehensive guide on how to check your EPF balance.
Guide to Checking Your EPF Balance Quickly
Employees who want to check their EPF Passbook balance can do so through their EPF account, using a missed call for the EPF Balance Check Number, via SMS for the PF Balance Check Number, or through the Umang application. Additionally, candidates can also check it using their UAN number on the EPFO portal.
Steps to Check Your PF Balance with Your UAN Number
Employees who want to check their EPF account balance using their UAN number can do so by following the steps below:
- The person should first visit the official website of EPFO.
- Thereafter, click on the option "Our Services", available on the homepage.
- Following that, click on the option for "For Employees."
- Now, the employee needs to click on "Member Passbook."
- Now, a new page will open on the employee's screen. Here, enter your UAN number, password, and finally, the captcha code. After entering this information, click on "Sign In."
- After this, a new page will open on your screen, where you will see some basic information about your employment. Now, on this page, you need to select your current member ID.
- Once you select the member ID, you will see two options on your screen, and here, click on "View Passbook."
- Now, the employee's passbook will open on the screen. At this point, the employee can check their EPF passbook balance.
- Here, the employee's EPF balance, pension balance, and a detailed breakdown of contributions made by the company will be displayed.
EPF Balance Check Through Mobile Number
Candidates can check their EPF balance by sending a simple SMS from their registered mobile number to 7738299899. To do this, they need to send a message with 'EPFO UAN' followed by their preferred language code. For instance, typing 'EPFO UAN ENG' will fetch the balance details in English.
The system supports multiple languages including Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Hindi, and English. Upon sending the SMS, the EPF balance details will be promptly sent back to the user's mobile number
Guide to Checking EPF Balance via UMANG App
Employees can also use the Umang application to check their EPF balance. To check the EPF balance using the Umang App, follow these steps:
- First download the UMANG APP from the Play Store.
- Thereafter, open the app.
- Now the employee should go to the search bar and type "EPFO" for searching.
- Now, the employee will be shown the option of "View Passbook,". Click on this option.
- Now, your passbook will open on your screen. Here, you will find a detailed summary of the amount deposited in the employee's account
Those employees who want to check their EPF account balance through a missed call from their registered mobile number need to dial 011-22901406. Within a few moments, they will receive an SMS containing complete information related to their EPF account.