EPF Balance Check: Salary holds significant importance for any employee, and saving a portion of one's salary for the future is critical. Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) helps employees and employers contribute to the Employee Provident Fund (EPF), which is a savings account for the future. The contributed amount is securely credited to the EPF account, and the Indian government also provides interest on this saved amount.
For employees who have an EPF account and want to check the deposited amount or want to know how much money has been accumulated in their EPF Member Passbook account through their employer or salary, we will explain how to check the EPF balance in this article. So, candidates should read this article to the end for more information.
Overview of EPF
|Name of Article||EPF Balance Check|
|Name of Department||Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India|
|Name of Organization||EPFO|
|Beneficiary||Employees working in non-governmental organizations|
|Schemes provided by the organization||EPFO, Insurance Scheme, Pension Scheme|
How to Check EPF Balance?
Employees who want to check their EPF Passbook balance can do so through their EPF account, using a missed call for the EPF Balance Check Number, via SMS for the PF Balance Check Number, or through the Umang application. Additionally, candidates can also check it using their UAN number on the EPFO portal.
How to Check PF Balance Using UAN Number?
Employees who want to check their EPF account balance using their UAN number can do so by following the steps below:
- The person should first visit the official website of EPFO.
- Thereafter, click on the option "Our Services", available on the homepage.
- Following that, click on the option for "For Employees."
- Now, the employee needs to click on "Member Passbook."
- Now, a new page will open on the employee's screen. Here, enter your UAN number, password, and finally, the captcha code. After entering this information, click on "Sign In."
- After this, a new page will open on your screen, where you will see some basic information about your employment. Now, on this page, you need to select your current member ID.
- Once you select the member ID, you will see two options on your screen, and here, click on "View Passbook."
- Now, the employee's passbook will open on the screen. At this point, the employee can check their EPF passbook balance.
- Here, the employee's EPF balance, pension balance, and a detailed breakdown of contributions made by the company will be displayed.
EPF Balance Check On Mobile Number
Candidates who want to check their EPF account can obtain information about their EPF balance by sending an SMS to 7738299899 from their registered mobile number. After typing EPFO UAN, the candidate should type the short form of the language in which they would like to receive information. For example, to receive information in English, the candidate should type EPFO UAN ENG and send a message to 7738299899. After this, information about their EPF balance will be sent to their mobile number via SMS.
Employees can obtain information about their EPF balance in Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Hindi, and English languages.
How to Check EPF Balance from the UMANG App?
Employees can also use the Umang application to check their EPF balance. To check the EPF balance using the Umang App, follow these steps:
- First download the UMANG APP from the Play Store.
- Thereafter, open the app.
- Now the employee should go to the search bar and type "EPFO" for searching.
- Now, the employee will be shown the option of "View Passbook,". Click on this option.
- Now, your passbook will open on your screen. Here, you will find a detailed summary of the amount deposited in the employee's account
Those employees who want to check their EPF account balance through a missed call from their registered mobile number need to dial 011-22901406. Within a few moments, they will receive an SMS containing complete information related to their EPF account.
How to check EPF balance?
How to check EPF balance?
Employees can check their EPF balance through the EPFO portal, SMS, and missed calls.
How to check your EPF balance through SMS?
For this, the employee needs to send "EPFO UAN ENG" to 7738299899 and will receive complete information about the EPF account via SMS.